Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President—Development
Senior Vice President
Mission of Position:
The Executive Assistant's role is to provide administrative support to Senior Vice President, the Development team of Scenic Hudson and provide back up for the President’s office, as needed. The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to seven staff in fundraising. The team has a fast-paced, pleasant and hard-working environment with continuous deadlines to meet. The Executive Assistant is expected to be flexible and to take initiative in helping the team to meet deadlines as well as keeping up with ongoing work. Overall, the Executive Assistant takes charge of day-to-day functions of the office and the clerical needs of the staff. The amount of work given to the Executive Assistant varies by person and by season, and the Executive Assistant should seek guidance from the Senior Vice President as to priorities and time sensitivity of work when in doubt.
The successful candidate will have excellent office and computer skills- including social media, take pride in his/her attention to detail, be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and have the ability to work well under pressure. In short, the Executive Assistant should be prepared to "do whatever is necessary" to support the Development staff as we raise funds and get the word out about the extraordinary and important work of Scenic Hudson.
Scenic Hudson preserves land and farms and creates parks that connect people with the inspirational power of the Hudson River, while fighting threats to the river and natural resources that are the foundation of the valley’s prosperity.
Our work is guided by our vision for the region: The Hudson Valley is a community of informed and engaged citizens working to make the region a model of vibrant riverfront cities and towns linked by inviting parks and trails, beautiful and resilient landscapes, and productive farms.
Principle Responsibilities may include:
- Provide clerical and administrative assistance to Senior Vice President and Assistant Directors of the department, primarily. From time to time, others on the staff may need support as well. This will usually take the form of typing, photocopying, faxing, e-mailing and phoning, problem-solving and researching information.
- Create and maintain internal record keeping system of Development files, chrono file, and all other shared information.
- Maintain or arrange for the office supplies, equipment and furnishings that support the Development team. This includes organizing and keeping good inventory of the storage of supplies for events and donor cultivation.
- Support the Senior Vice President and team with community outreach activities through social network posts and monitoring.
- Maintain a communications system between Development and other departments in Scenic Hudson via support staff as liaison; this pertains to messages, hard copy of materials, e-mail, computer files and verbal information.
- Assist with production and packaging of foundation and government proposals.
- Staff special events (a shared responsibility of all Development staff) that from time to time fall on weekends and evenings. Note that compensatory time will be arranged for time worked on events that do not fall within regular working hours.
- Assist in all aspects of donor tours when needed, i.e.- travel schedules, lunch arrangements, etc.
Full Time, with competitive salary and benefits
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Send resume and brief writing sample. No phone calls please. Scenic Hudson affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victims of domestic violence status or marital status.