Scenic Hudson has assembled these resources to help Hudson Valley residents engage with the public policy and advocacy issues facing their beloved region.
Help us advocate for the valley’s beauty, health and prosperity, by getting in touch with your own elected officials. This online "official finder" has up-to-date contact information for all the State and Federal lawmakers in your district.
REPORT: Land Stories
Brochures prepared by Scenic Hudson and other leading conservation organizations that use specific examples to show the broad benefits that conserved land provides in New York State.
- (2015) Land Stories: Creating Jobs, Building Healthier, More Resilient Communities
- (2010) Land Stories: What We Give is Returned in Abundance
MAP: Crude Oil Transport Risk Assessment
GIS analysis detailing environmentally-sensitive and other significant areas within a one-mile blast radius from the CSX river line:
FACT SHEETS: Benefits of the Environmental Protection Fund
These fact sheets detail the benefits that the Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) provides to each Hudson Valley county:
- EPF Benefits in Albany County
- EPF Benefits in Columbia County
- EPF Benefits in Dutchess County
- EPF Benefits in Greene County
- EPF Benefits in Orange County
- EPF Benefits in Putnam County
- EPF Benefits in Rensselaer County
- EPF Benefits in Rockland County
- EPF Benefits in Ulster County
- EPF Benefits in Westchester County
ILLUSTRATED REPORT: Coastal Management Plan
This 74-page illustrated report analyzes the state's 25 year-old shoreline program and identifies some specific reforms. More...
Testimony: NYS 2011-12 Executive Proposed Budget
Scenic Hudson Director of Public Policy Andy Bicking delivered this testimony to the Senate Finance and Assembly Ways and Means Committee and Senate and Assembly Environmental Conservation Committees in Feb. 2011. More...
Brochure: Greenway Achievements
This 4-page brochure describes the history and achievements of the Hudson River Valley Greenway More...
New York State Government
- Department of Environmental Conservation
- Hudson River Estuary Program
- Office of Parks Recreation and Historic Preservation
- New York State Hudson River Valley Greenway
- Division of Coastal Resources: Download the NYS Department of State and Coastal Management Program's Federal Consistency Assessment Form [pdf]
- New York State Department of Agriculture & Markets
- New York State Smart Growth Clearinghouse
- New York State Governor's Office