Black History Month Kingston, in partnership with the Kingston Land Trust, The Hudson Valley Farm Hub and Scenic Hudson presents:
The Possibility of Land in Black Hands, a discussion about land access and economic development strategies in black communities.
Speakers will share their experiences, challenges and victories in creating black-owned food/agricultural cooperatives and black-led community land trusts.
- Ed Whitfield, Fund for Democratic Communities
- Karen Washington, Rise and Root Farm
- Çaca Yvaire, Northeast Farmers of Color Land Trust
- Jalal Sabur, Freedom Food Alliance and WILDSEED
The event will take place at "The Church House", courtesy of Andrea Shaut.
This event is free and open to the public.
Please register to help us anticipate the number of attendees: http://bit.ly/LandinBlackHands
Special information about the venue:
- Street parking is limited, please carpool if possible. There is a municipal parking lot at the corner of Delaware and Hasbrouck Aves.
- The Church House is a home to cats, please take this into consideration if you are allergic.
- Refreshments will be provided.