As part of our commitment to spearhead a regional response to climate change, Scenic Hudson will host a daylong symposium to provide critical insight into how we can navigate the tough issues surrounding the rapid development of solar energy projects in the region in support of meeting New York State’s ambitious carbon emissions-reduction goals.
SAVE THE DATE—Tuesday, March 27.
Join us at the Henry A. Wallace Visitor Center at the FDR Presidential Library and Home in Hyde Park for interactive panel discussions and presentations about:
- current state policy and market forces driving solar energy development
- how planning and zoning can help communities maximize renewable energy development
- responsible siting and design of solar energy projects
- building public support for new solar energy proposals
- reconciling solar development with farmland and natural resources protection, and encouraging dual-use and development on previously disturbed sites
- developing a regional renewable energy plan