Director of Communications
Mission of Position
Provides broad support to Scenic Hudson’s multi-channel content marketing program, helping with the planning, creation, scheduling, dissemination and tracking of interactive web content, social media, email marketing, videos, podcasts, printed materials and interpretative signage. The associate will assist and collaborate with the communications department to produce and deliver compelling content that engages audiences to support the wide range of Scenic Hudson projects and programs, including: creating parks and building trails , conserving land and family farms, advocating for environmental causes, promoting renewable energy and climate resiliency, revitalizing Hudson Valley cities and towns, providing education programs for school children.
Scenic Hudson has protected more than 30,000 acres in nine counties, and created or enhanced over 50 parks in the Hudson River Valley for public enjoyment—several in communities that previously had little or no access to the Hudson River. An accredited Land Trust, Scenic Hudson holds nearly 150 conservation easements protecting agricultural, ecological, and scenic resources, and assists partner land trusts in securing easements in the Hudson Valley.
- Scheduling and tracking of multiple projects on annual content calendar using Asana software.
- Processing project requests from a variety of departments and individuals.
- Supporting project management efforts through tracking deadlines and deliverables using Asana software.
- Provide meeting support through setting agendas, taking notes and providing status updates.
- Fielding inquiries and request from other Scenic Hudson departments and members of the public.
- Developing, scheduling and posting original web content using WordPress.
- Developing, scheduling, posting and tracking social media content using Sprout Social.
- Researching information and visual assets to support development of original content.
- Identifying and optimizing opportunities for social referral traffic to our website and social channels.
- Supporting email marketing efforts using Mailchimp to develop, schedule/automate and track performance of multiple ongoing email campaigns.
- Assisting in managing digital advertising/SEO campaigns.
- Assist in tracking/reporting bi-weekly KPI’s to identify opportunities for improving content.
- Assist in developing content collaborators and partnerships.
- Supporting communications efforts through other duties as assigned.
Full time, with competitive salary and benefits.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements, resume and brief writing sample to: email@example.com. No phone calls please. Scenic Hudson is an EOE promoting cultural diversity and excellence.