Reporting to: Assistant Director – Stewardship
Mission of Position: To provide support to the Development team’s efforts to raise funds from multiple constituent sources in order to support the activities of Scenic Hudson’s programs and advance the organization’s mission.
The successful candidate will have an ability to adeptly handle multiple priorities. Position will require great attention to detail, ability to exercise judgment with vendors and selection of gifts, as well as plan and execute events like donor tours. Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat. Prior experience with fundraising databases and/or facility with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
This position requires production of a high volume of work while maintaining high quality. The ability to work under deadline, provide creative solutions, set and maintain priorities is necessary. The ideal candidate will be a collegial team player who is capable of working independently to manage a variety of projects and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Previous Development office experience required. Commitment to Scenic Hudson’s mission and environmental justice. Must be able to carry 50 lbs. over long distances and sometimes uneven terrain.
Scenic Hudson preserves land and farms and creates parks that connect people with the inspirational power of the Hudson River, while fighting threats to the river and natural resources that are the foundation of the valley’s prosperity. www.scenichudson.org
Our work is guided by our vision for the Hudson Valley as a community of informed and engaged citizens working to make the region a model of vibrant riverfront cities and towns linked by inviting parks and trails, beautiful and resilient landscapes, and productive farms.
Principle Responsibilities may include:
- Database Entry and Reports
- Provide support to the Assistant Director of Development- Strategy and their team in updating foundation actions in Raiser’s Edge (i.e., proposal submissions timelines, reports, and acknowledgment letters sent, as needed).
- Maintain up-to date hard files and Raiser’s Edge files for all Board members, donors, foundation contacts, and individual constituents.
- Support the Assistant Director of Development- Strategy logging correspondence between foundation constituents and the President in Raiser’s Edge.
- Generate foundation and individual constituent-related reports out of Raiser’s Edge as requested by the Senior Vice President and/or Assistant Director of Development- Stewardship and Strategy.
- Generate routine reports from Raiser’s Edge to track Board solicited gifts and alert appropriate Board members of their contact’s giving.
- Support the Database Coordinator in the posting of gifts and production of acknowledgment letters in times of high influx (i.e., Giving Tuesday, CYE, Gala, or when the Database Coordinator is out of office).
- Assist Database Coordinator in the maintenance of various Scenic Hudson mailing lists including email and hard-mailing lists.
- Generate ticklers for individual and foundation-related actions to appropriate staff and Board members.
- Assist in compiling a report to be given to the President every week to confirm any mailings or debriefs that are pending.
- Donor Cultivation Support
- Provide daily administrative support to the Development team, including: filing, copying, and scanning to facilitate the ongoing cultivation efforts of donors, foundations, corporations, etc.
- Enter into Raiser’s Edge all of President’s correspondences with donors/constituents/Board members and ensure all follow-up action items are recorded and tracked to completion.
- Compile informational packets to update select donors on various initiatives, press clips, education/engagement opportunities on a quarterly basis.
- Analyze and extract debrief information relative to future coversheet updates to support the Assistant Director of Development- Stewardship in maintaining constituent profiles.
- Cross-reference President’s ongoing correspondence notes in Raiser’s Edge with Open Actions chart on a daily basis to maintain an updated chart for Senior Vice President.
- Organize, coordinate, create itineraries, and—if necessary—staff all cultivation outings and donor tours (i.e., hikes, site tours, kayak outings, etc.).
- Prepare detailed outreach lists and all the necessary materials/language for outreach to donors when done by general staff; this includes providing ask amounts if staff member is soliciting donors.
- Donor Thank You Cards and Acknowledgements
- Manage the mailing system for donor thank you notes to ensure all donor giving is recognized by the President appropriately and in a timely fashion.
- Oversee and record mailings to constituents for any distinct occasions (i.e., condolence cards, birthday cards, etc.)
- Assist the Database Coordinator in the scanning, stuffing, and mailing of acknowledgment letters.
- Donor Meetings
- Transcribe all debriefs from meetings with Board members and foundation and individual contacts into appropriate files and ensure the completion of any next steps/action items.
- Maintain a highly detailed calendar of all scheduled donor-related meetings and prompt the Assistant Director-Stewardship on any materials needed for these meetings on a weekly basis, as well as assist in the compiling or creation of these materials (i.e., creating coversheets, providing giving history, compiling donor gifts).
- Mass Mailings
- Utilize LexisNexis to locate current addresses and contact information for constituents.
- Provide support to Database Coordinator for assembling of the Board lift note packets and mailing the year-end appeal, as well as other large appeals throughout the year.
- Provide support to the Assistant Director of Development- Stewardship for event related work of both complex (i.e., contract management/ logistic coordination/ providing event suggestions) and task-oriented (i.e., stuffing invitations/assembling giveaway items) nature.
- Serve as the primary supporting role to the Assistant Director of Development- Stewardship for Scenic Hudson’s annual Gala including generating various lists pertaining to invitees and attendees, tracking ticket and table sales, logistical planning, providing event suggestions/ideas, and on-site execution of event.
- Assist in the logistical planning of semiannual urban tours for Scenic Hudson’s urban committee members and potential funders of Scenic Hudson’s urban initiatives, and be present to ensure smooth execution of these tours.
- Provide support to Board members for cultivation events they host (in form of both logistical planning and on-site support) to benefit Scenic Hudson and ensure proper follow-up is implemented for continued cultivation of attendees.
- Staff special events (a shared responsibility of all Development staff), which from time to time fall on weekends and evenings.
- Manage Development team’s stock of SWAG, donor-related gifts, and cards for the President’s correspondences.
- Manage Scenic Hudson’s park tribute projects for tribute benches and plaques.
- Assist the Senior Vice President in various special projects throughout the year (i.e., board giving history, holiday gifts, and portfolio content research as needed).
- Provide support to other Development team as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Directors of Development and Senior Vice President.
Compensation: Full Time, salary range $50,000-$55,000 commensurate with experience and highly-competitive benefits package.
Scenic Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting cultural diversity and excellence. We are committed to the values of diversity, equity and inclusion, and strive to serve all of the people of the Hudson Valley by evaluating our projects, strategic initiatives and outcomes through that lens.