Executive Assistant to CFOO
Chief Finance and Operations Officer (CFOO)
Mission of Position
To provide all facets of administrative support to the CFOO. Daily duties will include: scheduling, data entry, drafting correspondence, excel spreadsheets, power point workbooks, to name a few. Responsible for operational issues, such as: supply orders, cleaning crew, communications and coordination of building maintenance issues.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills required for effective team participation and public presentations. Candidate must be flexible and detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and report issues to superior in a timely and efficient manner. Minimum of five years previous administrative support to accounting function, preferred. Strong math skills, experience proofreading financial materials and high proficiency in Microsoft Office- Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Must have ability to draft and edit correspondence and share a commitment to Scenic Hudson’s mission of service to the Hudson Valley. Must have ability to lift up to 30 lbs. to help distribute supplies to different areas and move files and other items from location to location, as needed.
Scenic Hudson preserves land and farms and creates parks that connect people with the inspirational power of the Hudson River, while fighting threats to the river and natural resources that are the foundation of the valley’s prosperity.
Our work is guided by our vision for the region: the Hudson Valley is a community of informed and engaged citizens working to make the region a model of vibrant riverfront cities and towns linked by inviting parks and trails, beautiful and resilient landscapes, and productive farms.
We are committed to the values of diversity, equity and inclusion, and strive to serve all of the people of the Hudson Valley by evaluating our projects, strategic initiatives and outcomes through that lens.
The Executive Assistant will need to work independently with initiative to provide administrative and office management support the CFOO and accomplish additional responsibilities, including:
- Supervises outside maintenance/cleaning staff for offices. This includes serving as a liaison to landlord, contractors hired by landlord and other building maintenance issues that arise throughout the floor.
- Manages and is point of contact for the insurance agent. Gathers information for renewals and quotes. Adds properties as new lands are acquired, responsible for securing special event coverage and coordinates insurance coverage for all Scenic Hudson vehicles and authorized drivers of Scenic Hudson vehicles.
- Coordinate electronic documentation process for property closing files with members of the program staff (the Executive Assistant may be asked to notarize documents when appropriate)
- Maintain electronic grant files for key donors and government awards including proposal documentation and tracking and award letters..
- Coordinates purchasing for kitchen and office supplies, furniture, and quotes for photocopiers and service for office equipment.
- Prepares all applications for charity registration and annual renewals in various states and maintains a clear, concise list of such filings.
- Prepare semi-annual renewal for Better Business Bureau accreditation and certification filings for related LLCs.
- Administrative support and liaison to Audit, Finance, Investment and Human Resources Committees.
- Assist with presentation packages ranging from board packets to investment reports. These duties include the layout, typing, photocopying, faxing and mailing of such documents. Software Program used: Microsoft Office and PowerPoint.
- Assist other members of the Finance department and Human Resources when needed. These duties could require: research, filing, data entry, photocopying, mailings and faxing.
- In rare circumstances, travel and taking minutes will be required for board and committee meetings. For the forseeable future, all meetings will be held virtually. When held in person, meetings are held primarily in New York City.
- Serve as primary liaison between staff and third party IT and Lobbying consulting firms; maintain records of organizations lobbying filing with NYS and NYC.
- Assist in completion and compilation of reports; i.e. lobbying reports; cash receipts reconciliation between Finance and Development. Coordinate occasional staff events; i.e. special luncheons.
- Research and implement an updated Board portal.
- Maintain user and login information required to update the NYS Grants Gateway and other sites annually to maintain qualification status for multiple entities.
- Maintain staff directory and org charts; all documents in the Shared folder for access by staff; and staff telephone list, providing updates to staff as required.
- Maintain controlled list of building and parking passes.
Full time, with competitive salary and benefits.
Applications should be emailedto: email@example.com. Send resumé and brief writing sample. No phone calls please. Scenic Hudson is an EOE promoting cultural diversity and excellence.