Scenic Hudson seeks a part-time freelancer to serve as Social Media Manager.
The Social Media Manager will report to the Director of Communications and have responsibility for helping to maintain Scenic Hudson’s presence on multiple social media channels—including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The ideal Manager is someone with non-profit background, and who cares about the Hudson Valley lifestyle. The manager will play an active role in creating and promoting a broad range of content designed to inspire followers to support the wide range of Scenic Hudson projects and programs, including: creating parks and building trails, conserving land and family farms, advocating for environmental causes, promoting renewable energy and climate resiliency, revitalizing Hudson Valley cities and towns, providing education programs for school children. The Manager will also work to align our social media marketing efforts with the other elements in Scenic Hudson’s digital ecosystem as part of the organization’s overall content strategy.
Qualifications include: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, new media or a related field and 1-3 years experience with social media marketing or content development in the environmental, environmental justice or a related field. Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) and social media management tools (Sprout Social or similar). Familiarity with social media analytics and paid promotion/advertising. Impeccable copywriting and copy editing skills. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premier Pro) or equivalent digital media editing tools. Excellent (interpersonal) social skills. Ability to understand trends in the digital content and social media space. Top-notch verbal communication skills. Self-motivated, with solid time management skills with the ability to multitask. Detail-oriented, with the ability to respond quickly and meet deadlines. Team player, with the confidence to take the lead on collaborating with other teams as needed. Hudson Valley resident (or future resident).
- Assist with developing and managing social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy
- Assist with developing and curating engaging content for social media platforms
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content
- Write, edit and post on all platforms, both live and using scheduling software
- Manage community relationships, engaging with audiences across all platforms, and addressing inquiries
- Stay up to date on current and upcoming trends and innovations in the social media landscape and communicate these to management for implementation into strategy
- Attend occasional events and produce live social media content
- Maintain brand voice across different social media channels
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics
The opportunity is part-time, three days per week. At this time, Scenic Hudson staff are working remotely, as would this role. When Scenic Hudson staff returns to the office, the work will then shift back to our office in Poughkeepsie with some opportunity for remote work.
If interested, please send cover letter with salary requirements, resume and brief writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
We are committed to the values of diversity, equity and inclusion, and strive to serve all of the people of the Hudson Valley by evaluating our projects, strategic initiatives and outcomes through that lens.