Scenic Hudson offers hunting permits for members of the public at two properties only — Shaupeneak Ridge in (Esopus Ulster County) and the Scenic Hudson Preserve at Stockport Flats (Columbia)—via an annual lottery.
Hunting permits are available for spring turkey season and fall bow and rifle deer-hunting seasons. Dates for these seasons are regulated annually by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC). Scenic Hudson fully complies with all NYSDEC rules and regulations regarding hunting.
To receive an announcement via email about future lotteries and deadlines, please enter your contact information below. In return, you’ll receive an announcement approximately 30 days before the beginning of each season containing a link to our online entry form. A few weeks before the seasons commence, Scenic Hudson will hold a drawing and contact all entrants with the results.
Fishing is permitted only at the following parks and preserves and must be carried out in accordance with rules and regulations of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC). Note regarding eating Hudson River fish: Chemicals in fish can harm your health even if the fish look healthy and the water looks clean.The New York State Department of Health has issued guidelines about the health risks involved in consuming fish caught in the Hudson. See this flyer for details.
Migratory Fish of the Sea (requires registration on Recreational Marine Fishing Registry):
- Four-Mile Point Preserve, Coxsackie (Greene County)
- Falling Waters Preserve, Saugerties (Ulster County)
- Esopus Meadows Preserve, Esopus (Ulster County)
- Black Creek Preserve*, Esopus (Ulster County)
- Scenic Hudson’s Long Dock Park, Beacon (Dutchess County)
- Madam Brett Park, Beacon (Dutchess County)
- Foundry Dock Park, Cold Spring (Putnam County)
- Scenic Hudson Park at Peekskill Landing, Peekskill (Westchester County)
Freshwater Fish (requires valid NYS Fishing License)
- Shaupeneak Ridge, Esopus (Ulster County)
* NOTE: Specific NYSDEC Rules and Regulations govern herring fishing at Black Creek Preserve:
- Herring fishing by angling only. No use of personal nets.
- Limit of 10 herring per angler per day.