Sleightsburgh Park arches gracefully towards the middle of the Hudson photo: Neil Moore
Esopus, Ulster County (79 acres) Excellent fishing opportunities and breathtaking views abound at this park, preserved by Scenic Hudson and owned by the Town of Esopus. A half-mile of trails parallel Rondout Creek, leading through a wooded peninsula to a spit of land that extends far out into the river.
- Bird watching/nature study
- Boat launch
- Dog walking (on leash)
- Featured "Esopus Explorer" walking program destination
- Hudson River Greenway Water Trail Site
- Featured Atlantic Kayak Tours destination
- X-country skiing&snowshoeing (ungroomed trails)
When to visit
Year-round daily dawn to dusk.
For inquiries about Sleightsburgh Park, contact the Town of Esopus at 845-331-0676.
Directions & Map
From Route 9W in Esopus, head east on North Broadway, then right on First Ave., left on Everson Street. Park Entrance is on the right.
Maps & Resources
Town of Esopus "Heritage and Recreation Network" brochure (pdf, 3.5mb)